Wednesday 28 March 2012

5. How did you attract or address your audience?



My audience can be attracted in any way in which they interpret my magazine; I have not particularly styled the front cover to be attracted to anyone in particular as I have used a combination of styles on this page alone. 

Image used for front cover:


The photograph is of Georgia’s face, however she is pulling a funny facial expression which could appeal more to a younger audience as it suggests that she has a fun, outgoing character. The title of my magazine is very bold and simple to read, this shows that there is a level of sophistication within my magazine and that it is not just appealing to students. To contrast the bold, simple, title I chose to have a scribbled or handwritten font for the features of the magazine on the font cover. The scribbled effect can either look childish and messy, or can look organized in a playful way; by using a combination of fonts I have attracted both students and young adults. My front cover has a very simple colour scheme, black, white, and red; this is so that my magazine cannot be confused with a ‘teen-pop’ magazine. The types of magazines that are ‘teen-pop’ are often filled with multi-coloured images and text, which is the opposite of how I have presented my magazine cover.


My contents page is also organized in a quirky way, I have chosen to have text at the top and bottom of the page and a large photography filling up the entire background of the page. This comes across instantly as creative and fun for students to look at, however the photograph I have chosen is very scenic and bland so that the contents page is still accessible and makes it easy to navigate the magazine.


The language I have used in my article on the double page spread is legible and written moderately formally. The layout of my article is an interview between FUGUE and Georgia; this is clearly shown by having colour coded ‘F:’ and ‘G:’ which shows that my article is clearly labeled and easy to follow. The way in which I have interpreted Georgia’s interview answers is to make the language and structure of sentences easy for people of all ages to understand.


No comments:

Post a Comment