Wednesday 28 March 2012

4. Who would be the audience for your media product?



Katie Ford would be a typical reader of my magazine. At the age of 17 she has a huge interest in music, particularly artists of the indie-alternative-rock-pop genre. Katie’s favourite artists are among those of The Strokes, The Arctic Monkeys, and Julian Casablancas. Photography and music are two of Katie’s passions, she said, “I love to read magazines to find out about up and coming bands, and gig reports, however I always look at the photography included in magazines as it can give me inspiration.”



As I previously said, my audience can be of a wide range of people, Katie is just one of the typical people to be attracted to my music magazine. Katie is a student currently studying A-levels so when she has free time she is always interested in reading and listening to music. Other people who could read my magazine are those studying at university, and young people without children who have spare time for reading. I would expect the audience of my magazine to be in touch with music at the time that the magazine is released every month; this is only so that they can fully appreciate the acts included in each edition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment