Thursday 2 February 2012

Styling

To choose clothing for my chosen artist, Georgia, off the top of my head would be very difficult so I have looked at various existing artists that I can take inspiration on bearing in mind the limits I have to style my fictional artist. For example if I was to copy an existing artist's style all together I would most probably need to dye Georgia's hair and change the style.
These are some examples I have picked out of the style of clothing and general appearance that I think suits the alternative genre.

Alice Glass:




Taylor Momsen:






Courtney Love:




All of the female alternative/grunge singers I have chosen to look at share one thing in common, they all mainly wear dark clothing and have very fair skin. Luckily Georgia does have quite fair skin and the contrast does not look TOO shocking when she wears darker clothes. I will probably stay away from dark lipstick as it can look harsh on a pale face, but dark eyes will be something I try out. 
A lot of photos of these style of artists are printed in black and white so I will use Photoshop to change some settings and create multiple versions of images to fit into a colour palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment